Nexans, with its Filotex® products, has developed a wide range of cables for seismic exploration for oil, gas, and mining industries.
Used in hostile conditions (lands, moutain, artic, desert, transition zone and shallow water, water table, etc). Nexans cables are designed to meet stringent mechanical requirements electrrical performances.
Resistance to wear and cut through (PUR or TPR jacket)
- Resistance to corrosion (stainless steel braid in option)
- High tensile strength: from 50 daN to 3500 daN, with mechanical reinforcement, central strength member and/or braid (aramid, steel, stainless steel or specific material
- Water resistant cables from 0.5 to 5 bar, sealed with a waterproof compound
- Low ambiant temperature cables with good flexibility
- Cylindrical cross section and ease with moulding
- Low bulk volume and low weight adapted to air transport and ease of handling
- Mate or gloss appearance
- High resistance to tension and torsion
- Resistance to moisture, chemicals and solvents
- Resistance to large temperature ranges
- Attenuation from 5 to 8 dB/100m
- Characteristic impedance about 120 Ohms
- High reliability of data transmission
Hybrid construction customized cables with :
- High frequency pairs and quads
- Feeder cables
- Optical cables (mono and/or multimode) as an option.
At Nexans, our production facilities meet particularly the needs of the market in terms of quantity and production follow up.